Header Ads

13 Dumb Motivational Quotes That You Can Ignore



You're Better Off Reading a Fortune Cookie

When you need some motivation it can help to go looking for some motivational quotes.
They get you so fired up and make you feel inspired for the 30 seconds that you keep them in your head.
But if you take a step back and look at some of these quotes you’ll realize that they don’t make any damn sense.
I want to take a look at some popular motivational quotes and just point out how silly they really are.

Motivational Quotes That Don’t Make Any Sense

1. Don’t Talk…

don't talk, just act. terrible motivational quote
I understand what this quote is trying to say. It’s for the people that are all talk but what if you aren’t that person. What if you’re a person that needs to talk to get something out.
If you just act then the people around you might not know what the hell you are doing. Why? Because you don’t talk.
If you’re showing people something they won’t understand. Why? Because you don’t say.
As for the don’t promise part, I can get behind that. Stop making promises people! Just prove.
Just prove.

2. Stop Being Afraid…

Another dumb motivational quote but I guess it works for some people.
Fear is natural. You shouldn’t let fear stop you but to simply say you need to stop being afraid is silly.
You can’t just stop being afraid. If you’re scared then you’re scared.
It doesn’t mean you still can’t do what you need to do. It just means you might shit your pants while doing it.
And that’s okay.
Be afraid but take action.
Be scared but keep pushing forward.

3. Never Stop…

Never stop doing great just because someone doesn’t give you credit motivational quote
If I’m being honest then I must say that my first response to reading this quote was “no shit”.
Of course, I’m not going to stop giving my best just because I’m not getting credit from someone.
That is unless I’m at a job where nobody is getting credit and others are getting rich off of my hard work.
Then we’re going to have some issues.
I’ll definitely stop then.

4. Work While…

Work while they sleep. Learn while they party. Save while they spend. Live like they dream
I must say this life sounds kind of miserable.
While I agree that you need to work harder than others to achieve your goals that doesn’t mean you can’t have some fun and treat yourself along the way.
What happens when you’re 60 and you’ve finally made your dreams come true? What did you miss out on because you didn’t want to go out and party from time to time?
And what about the lack of sleep?!
You’re working hard while everybody else is getting rest to tackle tomorrow. Your body is going to eventually crash and you’re going to be useless. You’ll end up sleeping anyways.
Get your sleep. It’s important.

5. The Key…

The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear
To be honest I think this one is dumb just because I have no idea what it means.
Better off saying:
The key to success is to be born rich.

6. Never Apologize…

Never apologize for having high standards, people who really want to be in your life will rise to meet them.
This is something a snobby dickhead would say as an excuse for being a snobby dickhead.
Don’t be a snobby dickhead. Apologize.

7. You Attract…

Most of us don’t know what the hell we are so who knows what we’re attracting.
But sure, I’m going off to be great.
I hope I attract great soon because my rent is due.

8. A Hill…

A hill is just another opportunity to leave your competition behind
What if I’m just as tired as the competition?
What if I’m more tired than the competition? Then they are going to leave me behind!
Oh god, now I’m afraid of hills.

9. Do What…

Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do
Tell that to the dude working at McDonald’s just trying to make rent.

10. You Can’t…

You can’t get rich thinking poor
Want to know why some people stay in debt?
Because they spend like they’re rich.
How are you supposed to know how rich people think if you’ve never been rich.
You can’t get rich if you don’t understand what the hell this quote means.

11. If You…

If you can’t stress, you won’t manage success
These quotes are starting to make me feel like success isn’t worth it.
I think I could handle success just fine without being able to handle stress.
If I’m successful I can pay someone else to handle the stress.
That’s how you manage.

12. Don’t Mistake

Don’t mistake silence for weakness. Smart people don’t plan big moves out loud.
Whoever made the mistake of calling silence a weakness? Also, a lot of smart people won’t shut the hell up.
All they can talk about is their big moves.
Shut the hell up and go make your big move.

13. Count Money

If you can count your money, work harder.
I saved the dumbest one for last.
Ain’t nobody keeping money under the mattress anymore. Open up the app on your phone and read the number on the screen.
Maybe it should be:
If you own a phone that doesn’t allow you to install banking apps on it then you need to work harder.
That one makes more sense.

Looking for Motivation?

If you’re really looking for motivation then just look in the mirror and tell yourself you want better.
You don’t need a quote made by someone that might not even be true. Do you know how many quotes are attributed to Mark Twain who never said any of them?
Seriously.
How many great quotes have you come up with at the bar while sipping on your 5th spicy margarita? I know I’ve come up with at least 1,537 and that’s the low count.
But you know what? I don’t remember any of them and I’m still pretty motivated to get more in life.
In fact, it’s more important to keep awesome people in your life that will help push you further. Don’t keep around the people that are holding you back. Too bad there aren’t motivational posters that say that.
Instead, read about the Reasons Why You Need to Remove Some People From Your Life.

No comments

Thanks for your comment to our blog.

TRENDING NOW IN BOWEN UNIVERSITY

OFFICIAL TEAM TOPNEWS

MEDIA PARTNER: Swizz tv

Powered by Blogger.